Friday, February 12, 2010

Beginning Quilting Club

Yesterday was the 3rd lesson in the Beginning Quilting Class that I am instructing and it is so much fun!! Everyone is so enthusiastic and full of energy! A new group of quilters is so exciting and that is what keeps the tradition going. I would like to encourage anyone interested to check out our local quilt guild, which meets the last Wed of the month at 7 PM at the Masonic Center in Wenatchee. We also have a once monthly "Sew Day Social" from 10-4 where you bring your machine etc. and any project of your choice and meet other quilters, members of the guild and just have a fun day!!The next one is Sat Feb 20, next weekend!!

Today was "Feathered Star" class and I am seeing tiny half square triangles in my dreams!!haha These quilts are all going to be lovely with very different color ways and layouts! It has been a real challenge but extremely satisfying for me! And guess what? I found some of the fabric I needed hidden in my stash!!!!!!!!!!!I have learned some very good skills in this class and enjoy the detail.................NOW on to finishing my Jinny Beyer work-in-progress...........

As I entered the shop this morning Martha, Diane and Kathryn were buzzing with excitement over the new fabrics they brought back yesterday from their trip to Seattle for this years SHOP HOP quilt which is being designed by The Attic Window.................very exciting. Guess that is all for now...............happy quilting............

No comments:

Post a Comment