Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dream job

Hi, I have the dream job of working at this great quilt store, The Attic Window Quilt Shoppe. My title, "Special Projects" - doesn't that sound fun. I get to cut many of the kits we sell and use the die-cut machine. We cut our own 5" charm packs, 2.5" strips, dresden plate pieces and feathers. Our Christmas tree and heart kits made from feathers have been a big hit.

People always ask if I take home any of my paycheck and I have to say yes. Of course, I take it home and put it on the credit card to pay for my habit. My name is Jan and I am a Fab-aholic. I learned to quilt while stationed in Japan. While the Japanese do beautiful quilting and piecing, most of the quilt fabric was expensive. So when I could find something on sale at the base or local stores, I grabbed it up - you wouldn't find it there later. And so started my addiction. I fondly call my fabric stash, "Jan's House of Fabric". If I don't have it, I know where to search to find it.

Our shop offers some great classes of which I have taken many. We have great teachers and a fun group of co-workers. Check us out when you are traveling thru north central WA or online at www.theatticwindowquiltshoppe.com


1 comment:

  1. We love you Jan!!!! Most days you can stop by the shop and Jan is there. She is always working on a great project and will always stop what she's doing to help or give her opinion....

    ReplyDelete