Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Quilters Week

This has been a very productive week. I took my" Feathered Star" to the machine quilter and that is a very big deal!!! Cleaned my sewing studio ( actually just a spare room ) and got rid of all the tiny leftover feathers!! I tried hard to ignore my overflowing scrap basket but finally decided to do something with it. SO, I got out my handy dandy ACCUQUILT GO and started cutting!! I now have organized containers of cut 2", 3 1/2", 5" and 3 1/2" HS triangles and varieties of strip widths and lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now the basket is not overflowing anymore. Just a couple more UFO's before we leave for Alaska ( June 28 ) and I will be ready.................

Like Jan, I survived my demo at Girls Night Out on Wednesday! A nice group of quilters..........Thanks to Wilma for providing luscious strawberries dipped in chocolate as well as pound cake, to Jan for the use of her book and Kathryn for her experience with the curved flowers. This technique is one that is used in this years 2010 shop hop quilt which was designed and created by Diane, Martha and Kathryn here at the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment