Tuesday, June 9, 2009

day 2

Today was the second day of summer vacation, with a 15 year old daughter home we had to find something to do. What better way to spend the day besides stopping at the AW. Have you ever noticed how your car seems to turn into the quilt shop parking lot without you knowing you were going there? With a kid who has no interest in sewing, I get to go into the shop by myself! Inside I get harassed by my friend and coworker, Wilma. "Take your daughter to the back of the building and get her signed up for class." or words to that effect. Class being drivers ed. Now if that isn't a scary thought. To ensure that I did it, she took my keys out and locked the car up and brought in Michelle.
Then, Mom got to have more fun. Make the kid talk to "quilters", show off her Big Dog shirt, etc. As any mother knows, at this age our revenge on our kids is to embarrass our kids. And I do it so well. But, I did take her back and enroll her in drivers ed. Boy, my parents had it easy with the school providing the class. They only had to pay for my summer school class as I didn't want to wait till September to start.

Back to the store to tell Wilma that the deed was done. But, in the time I stepped out a fabric rep had stepped in. I don't know how anyone can choose and be practical about picking out fabric. I see Moda's Kansas Troubles fabric and I want to take it all home. Marilyn is admiring all the fabric that would work for the Civil War club. Diane is looking at fabric for what may become our new Block of the Month. She found a new pattern offering many options - can't wait to see what she decides to do.

Tomorrow night is our Girl's Night Out at the shop. It is a fun group of ladies who come on the second Wednesday of the month. We usually have a hands on project for a quick make and take, specials for the month to show, new products and as any self respecting quilter requires - treats! But the best thing is seeing Show and Tell. The work that these ladies consistantly create is amazing. As I am not working tomorrow I am hoping I can finish something for show and tell this month. Fingers crossed that I get up and create early tomorrow. The kid came in to say good-night and is already organizing part of my day to her benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment