Thursday, June 18, 2009

UFO night

Tonight, well actually last night, was our UFO night. What a hoot! These ladies know how to have fun and get things done. I think there were 14 of us sewing tonight. I had the honor of sharing a table with Little Judy and her broken wrist. To keep her in line, we had to put a piece of blue tape down between us - just couldn't trust her not to creep over to my side. Course, if she walked away I had fun moving the tape line. We were only threatened with seperation once. Frosty sat kitty corner from me. Frosty, aka Carol looks like a sweet lady but she can toss out those zingers with the best of them.
After pizza, we all got down to work. I finished sewing my compass point paper pieced block that I substitued for a block in the "My Secret Garden" quilt. A group of 5 ladies are making this quilt. Of course, I am the only one not done. But, this is my last block and I got the paper off when I got home. 16 sections to this 10" block, even with pressing open my seams, I have a lump in the middle. I think I need one of those wackers that I have seen in magazines. I believe you hit the center with steam and then, Bamb - wack it flat. Wonder if my hammer would do the job. I hope I can get this quilt top done before the end of the month.
It sure is fun seeing with these talented ladies and seeing what they like doing. There were hand and machine sewers. Diane and her daughter were up front working on the web site. Quilts were being bound and one lady was using a tweezer on her paper piecing foundation removal. Can't wait to see what everyone brings next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment