Tuesday, June 2, 2009

EQ 6 Club

Today was our second meeting of the new EQ Club. We had a good time playing with the program. Having gone from EQ4 to 5 and now 6, this is finally my chance to do more than play with blocks in a quilt. I have designed a few blocks over the years but always had problems trying to print them. I would play around and it would work, but never know what I did to be able to do it the next time.
This is fun, learning what it can do and actually doing something. I drew out a block that I saw a picture of earlier this year. Now, I want to design a block and try and put the two together and make a quilt. Actually, that is our assignment for this month. Design a quilt.
My round robin group is tossing around the idea of actually doing a round robin exchange project. Not sure when I would have time to do it, but quilting should be fun and I think that would be.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the class great and also fun!! I think we should design a quilt and then get together and make it, what do you think? Perhaps a Margaret Miller design.............I'm sure we will be so good before long we'll be famous for our designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, you need to stay in town this winter. Otherwise, we will never have time to create all the quilts we want to do. I can just see it, S&J Designs. Oh well, dreams are what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    I'll be your first customer! When is your first design due out?

    Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our first design, hmmm....
    Sally was saying she isn't starting anything new - too many UFOs and you saw just some of mine when you were up. Are those good excuses?
    How about I buy your first design! That is what you and Randy have been doing. Scotty Designs, with a little Ivy silhouette.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete