Thursday, December 3, 2009

2010 Thimbleberries - Village Green


I've been a Thimbleberries fan for a lot of years. I think the first club I was in was at least 10 years ago. Lynette Jensen creates what she feels. Her quilts make you feel warm and cozy. She is well known for the houses she puts in many of her quilts. 2010 brings the third year for the Thimbleberries Club at the shop. I volunteered to make the sample. There are three color choices: Midnight, Dawn and Dusk. I chose Dawn, the softest of the three color ways. When I saw the beautiful border print I just knew that was the one. The size of the quilt is 72" x 82" or you can chose the queen variation of 96" x 106". I chose the queen. The sample is now hanging at the shop. The bolts of fabrics have not arrived yet (my sample was made from a kit), so I was not able to complete the top to it's finished sized. At this point it is 72" x 82". It is stunning. My husband loves it, I love it. What do you think?
The club meets the third Thursday or Saturday of each month. Diane demonstrates the current month's block, we have lots of show and tell, lots of laughter and the Thursday group is spoiled by Sheila Burgess who brings us the most delicatble goodies that just melt in your mouth. Lynette Jensen has a homey newsletter, a recipe, and an extra pattern that goes along with the current month's pattern - it truly is fun for all.
Let us know if you'd like to join us. I will show you the completed quilt when all of the final borders are on...oh, did I mention there are 220 half square triangles around the outside? It took me an afternoon to get them all made. I used the Wonder Cut Ruler and Mary Ellen's Best Press, the clear starch alternative and those half square triangles came out the right size and crisp and easy to sew together...both the ruler and the Best Press we have at the store.
Happy sewing!
Kathryn
PS The last book I just finished was A Dog Named Christmas by Greg Kincaid, it was wonderful. I am now reading The Star Garden by Nancy E. Turner. It's the fourth and last book in the Sarah Agnes Prine series. If you like historical fiction it is a wonderful story following Sarah's life. She writes her story in a journal. Can you imagine making quilts by the light of the fire in the evening after the day is done? We do have so much to be grateful for, don't we?


2 comments:

  1. The quilt top is beautiful - but I still can't decide on dusk or midnight. Help - I wanted to finalize it this last week and then, thought I would wait till you brought in your quilt. You are so lucky to have a DH who gives an opinion. Will it still be at the store next week? Obviously I need to look longer than the moments I had today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to 2010 Thimbleberries because I love the quilt, the company and the instruction from Diane and the wonderful goodies from Sheila too!!! It is always a fun time though all those half-triangles sound a little daunting, but that's how we improve, right? Practice, Practice, Practice!!! Also going to check our your reading recommendations, Kathryn! You always lead me to good ones!!! Happy day to all!

    ReplyDelete