Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A busy time at the shop

It's been a long time since I've written on this blog, my how the time flies. We've been busy at the store with the NCW Shop Hop and the NCW Quilt Guild Quilt Show the first two weekends of October. We then moved on to Community Sew day at the shop and then on Halloween we had an evening sew-in. What fun we had working on our own projects, sharing what's going on in our lives, eatting of course and Diane and Marilyn had specials and discounts galore throughout the night. There were 16 of us there and we all had such a good time.

It's now on to Thanksgiving and holiday gift ideas. We are continually getting new things in the store. Today we got quilters chocolates in both light and dark chocolate in these great round tins.

I am taking the Feathered Star class. I had a mini meltdown last weekend while working on my homework. It is very precise and it must be done slowly. My husband took me outside to play ball with the dogs and had me break away for awhile. I came back feeling much better and finished a beautiful star. It is going to be a stunning quilt when it is all finished.

We're looking at new block of the month, clubs and new classes for 2010. Have you seen the 2010 Thimbleberries for next year, it is amazing and again comes in three different color ways. I am doing it in Dawn. Moda's Green Peace got started last month and it's a great success. The fabrics are gorgeous.

So I promise to blog more often. I still loving reading. This time of year I like to start reading Christmas stories. I've got Debbie Macomber's new Christmas book The Perfect Christmas on order from the library. Last time I checked I was number 12 on the waiting list. Let's hope I get it before December 25th. I am currently reading Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb. It's quite quirky, everyone should have an Aunt Lydia in their lives. Child abuse and spousal abuse are part of the story line, so it's not for everyone, but it is a good strong story and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. What? Quilters Chocolates???? I'm coming right down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, Sew In Night on Halloween was so much fun! I just wanted to say thanks to all the people at the Attic Window for making such a fun night available to us addicted quilters!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete