Monday, November 16, 2009

I've Been Busy









My goodness these pictures come out BIG, eventually I will learn how to make them smaller...until then....
I've been spending some well needed time at home the last few days and it's felt so good. I got my Professional Tote all finished and it turned out fabulous. I like it so well I told my sister who lives in Tacoma to send me 1-1/4 yards of a favorite fabric and my thought is to add the additional fabrics and make her a tote for her birthday in July 2010. Notice I give myself LOTS of time to get it done. After the tote was all finished I completed the paper pieced turkey that is our November paper piece block. Thanks to Martha's suggestion this turkey has a sparkle for his eye. He is gorgeous!! Then on to the Mountain Meadow continuous line machine applique wall hanging. The pattern is by Marjorie Rhine of Quilt Design Northwest (http://www.quiltdesignnw.com/). I made her Covery of Quail as a sample earlier this year. Well, the mountain meadow is just as fantastic and oh so easy. I'm feelin' pretty good about now. I baked a batch of cookies yesterday and finished a fun Christmas read, A Redbird Christmas: A Novel by Fannie Flagg. The best description of this book is on the back, a review by The New York Times Book Review "Flagg keeps it simple, she keeps it bright, she keeps it moving right along - and, most of all, she keeps it beloved." I'm still waiting for Debbie Macomber's new one, Perfect Christmas, I'm now #3 on the waiting list, I'm moving right up!
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment