Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Professional Totes!



Monday and Tuesday were Professional Tote making days at the Attic Window. I had purchased the pattern several years ago with great intentions . .. .you know how that is. Then this summer, two of our customers (Anita and Marge) each made one (or more) and they were so beautiful I was reinspired. Anita agreed to spend two long days down at the shop helping several of us work through the process . . .it was easier than I thought and I was very pleased with the results. So, Kathryn, Sally, Diane and I scheduled a couple of days to sew together – I was going to make a tote to give as a gift, while they each made their first one. Well, word got around and it blossomed . .. when Monday came there were 10 of us "slaving" away. Diane provided minestrone soup for lunch, Dar made brownies, someone brought pumpkin pie and bar cookies, and we all had a great time. Darn, I wish I’d taken pictures of everyone at work. The fabrics were incredible and diverse: batiks, novelties, paisleys, florals, Asian prints, and one person had beautiful cottons from Thailand courtesy of her son (boy was I envious!). Diane and I pretty much finished up on Monday (it is definitely easier the second time around) and five folks returned on Tuesday for more sewing and conversation, either finishing their bags or almost doing so! It was such fun . . . and we are looking at scheduling a two day class in January, as well as bringing in a trunk show (if we can get it) that will include both the Professional Tote and other bag patterns from The Creative Thimble. Check out the pictures . . .stop by the shop and check out the pattern and the bags! You'll want one for yourself and one to give as a gift. If Sally got over her "zipper phobia", so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment