Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sole Cool Hot Iron Bag -- has many uses!

We just brought this pattern in for a free class on Sunday 12/13 -- and I had to give it a try. It's easy to make: I put mine together in a couple of hours and I love it. It's designed to hold your (hot) iron so it's a great gift for a sewer or quilter who goes to classes and retreats. And I think it has other uses, as well. I'm going to give one as a gift to be used as a lunch bag -- with the insulation in between the fabric layers, it's perfect for carrying either hot or cold. Of course, I'm already looking at how to make it even easier to put together . . . I don't think I've ever used a pattern without changing it somehow. But I will say, this one is straightforward and well written so it's easy to follow the directions. The only misstep I made was when I DIDN'T read the directions and sewed something right sides together when it was supposed to be wrong sides together, providing me an opportunity to practice my unsewing. Come to the free class on the 13th and you'll leave with a very SOLE COOL bag!

2 comments:

  1. Love your fabric selection but have to ask - is my color off or where is the purple? Who is teaching the class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool. I have my fabrics all picked out and plan on coming to the class. Hopefully I'll get two made, one as a lunch bag and one for my HOT iron!

    ReplyDelete