Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wow, so much creativity!

Have you seen all the bags done by our local ladies? They are gorgeous. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite. I love Kathryn's deer sample, those patterns have also been very popular.
In one corner of the Attic Window next to the beautiful batiks, we have a wide selection of wool and patterns and kits using wool. This evening I checked out a friend's blog, Quilt Hollow and Mary has a link to a blog with a wool mat giveaway. So, I had to check it out and when I clicked on the site the first thing I saw was a wool candle mat called Let It Snow. Wow, this called to me and I lucked out and ordered the last kit. I also entered for the giveaway mat, cute holiday stockings (http://cathspennies.blogspot.com/). I hope Marilyn and Diane check these patterns out as I think our local ladies would get a kick out of them.
So, have you ever done wool applique? We have just started Moda's Green Piece in the shop and I have heard so much excitement about using wool, many for the first time. I know of people doing it by hand with the stitches sinking in and being almost invisable. Then, there are the hand stitchers doing a blanket stitch and the machine stitchers doing a blanket stitch.
What is your favorite way to work with wool? I would love to receive my new kit and get it done by the end of the year. Most people who know me would probably be laughing but it could happen. After I finish the 2 BQ quilts that I am making for a friend's daughters and a few other must get done projects.
I am already beyond help on my Feathered Star classes. I have given myself permission to relax about it, it will be done when it gets done. I also want to get cracking on the pieced sashing and borders on my BOM from the last year. Wilma showed me her top today and it is looking so good. She took my idea of a different pieced inner border and it looks great. Then, she put all her blocks around the inner border - on point and followed by a seminole pieced border. Such pretty soft colors.
Marilyn, made a new BQ wallhanging with a new fabric line, showcasing scenes from the Pacific Northwest - very pretty. Our shop has so many beautiful samples. Our first time visitors to the shoppe have such good things to say about our samples. I just wish when they made their fabric selections and created their own quilts that I was able to see the finished quilts. I had fun helping a lady this last week pick out fabrics for an easy and quick quilt top, On the Run. I just hope I am working if she brings it back in for show and tell.
So remember, bring in your quilts for show and tell - we love to see what everyone is creating.
And I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Jan

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh thank you for the mention and kind words! That "Let it Snow" pattern can be done pretty quickly and just wait until you start putting the little smiles on the snowman faces .. that's the best part .. making them come alive! You'll want to finish it just because those snowmen are so happy. :) If you're intersted in carrying my patterns in your shop, just drop me an email. cathspennies@gmail.com We can work out the details.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete